photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Can You Hear The Stillness of Winter?

Baby, it's cold outside.

Like, really cold outside.

Fine.

It's not Alaska cold, but it's definitely Baltimore cold. And that's cold for me. But I like it.

Seriously.

I love all of the seasons, probably spring and summer best, but I appreciate all of them. One of the things I appreciate about winter its stillness and delicacy.





Winter seems quiet to me. The nighttime sky seems darker, richer, and the stars seem to shine brighter. It's almost like I can hear the stars twinkling. The tree branches are so delicate. I'm almost afraid to touch them - they look so fragile, and I'm afraid I'll accidentally break a branch. The trees look so stark, like they're reaching out to one another for warmth. And even though the trees and the ground appear so barren, they hold the promise and reminder of new, fresh life in the spring.

Those are just a couple of thoughts that came to mind as I wandered around Brookside Gardens this morning enjoying my Christmas/New Year's vacation.

Signature











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...