photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Chocolate Scones


It's almost 11PM, and I'm making scones.

For breakfast.

Tomorrow morning.

To eat as I watch the royal wedding.

I'm not getting up at 4AM though.

I'll do 6AM and catch what I catch on TV.

What?

Hmmmm?

You think I should go all out and wear my pearl necklace?

At 6AM??

Great idea.

I think I shall.

Tarry on!



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Royal Chocolate Scones


INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Craisins Cherry Flavor Dried Cranberries (or dried cherries)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 Tbls sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup + 1 Tbls milk, divided
additional sugar, almonds, and milk for decoration


DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or foil).

In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients (Bisquick through sugar) until combined.

In a small bowl, 1/2 cup milk and extract together.

Add milk to dry ingredients; stir until soft dough forms.

Turn dough out on to counter top and kneed until all ingredients are combined.

Pat into an 8 inch circle on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Slice into 8 wedges but don't separate. Brush top lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar and almonds.

Bake 10-14 minutes until done. Carefully separate wedges and serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a blonde moment i just had!! This will be my third or fourth time making these yummy healthy treats and I just realized this is Erin's great blog!!! Yes even GM's can be slow some days, don't tell Steve I told you that!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...