photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Creamy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I've become a pumpkin fanatic.

I don't know what's come over me.

I was at The WalMarts (that's what we call it here in Arbutus) on Saturday and saw the cans of Libby's Pumpkin stacked so artfully on a display that I couldn't help myself.

I put one in the cart.

It looked at me.

It was whispering, "Just me? Jussssst me? Why not get another? Two is better than one righttttt?"

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has food talking to them.

I gave in and grabbed a second can of pumpkin, having no clue what I was going to do with it. Then a stroke of genius hit me. Oatmeal. I could stir it into my oatmeal!

This is truly delightful. It's creamy. It's pumpkiny. It's a delicious breakfast treat. It's a HAPPY breakfast treat.


Signature


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Think you won't use the whole can? Use pumpkin to replace oil in a cake or brownie.
Follow the directions on a box of spice or carrot cake mix and use pumpkin in place of the oil.



Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
1/3 cup quick oats
2/3 cup water
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 Tbls canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 tsp Splenda brown sugar blend
2 tsp chopped pecans, optional

Directions:
Mix the oats, water, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl. If it's been awhile since you've cooked oatmeal in the microwave, it really bubbles up so make sure you have a bowl big enough or you'll have a messy mess on your hands. Pop the oatmeal mixture in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds to 1 minute 45 seconds. Pull out of the microwave, stir in the pumpkin, Splenda brown sugar blend, and pecans. Stir it up and enjoy!



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Creamy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal - without pecans
Serves: 1
Calories: 145 | Fat: 2.4 | Carbs: 17 | Fiber: 3.0
Weight Watchers Points: 1.5


Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal - with pecans
Serves: 1
Calories: 177 | Fat: 8.4 | Carbs: 19.4 | Fiber: 3.5
Weight Watchers Points: 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...