photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Note To My Future Husband: My Valentine's Day Expectations


Dear Future Husband, whoever you are, wherever you are, and if you are,


Let's discuss Valentine's Day.

You're off the hook.

You heard me right.

You. Are. Off. The. Hook.

Yes, I know you are "off the hook," as in cool. I mean, you have to be super awesome, because...helllllllllo...I married you. Duh. What I mean to say is: you don't have to do anything for the holiday.

Seriously. This isn't a woman mind game.

Valentine's Day may work for some couples, and it may be something they need to encourage them to express their love to one another. However, I don't like a holiday that forces couples to prove or acknowledge their love to one another by spending wads of cash on flowers and chocolate that can be purchased throughout the year at 50% of the price. I worked at a flower shop for a year and a half. I know the mark up.

I'm forever grateful that I worked in that flower shop on Valentine's Day. It was the most insane day at any retail establishment that I have EVER experienced. It made me appreciate the hurdles you men jump through for us women. When ordering their dozen red roses for their wife/girlfriend/fiance on Valentine's Day, most men started the conversation with, "I gotta get her some roses or something. What do you think I should do, and how much is this going to cost me?" A select few even read off a list their wife/girlfriend/fiance wrote so their man would buy them exactly what they wanted for Valentine's Day. I don't like that. I don't want you to feel forced to get me anything. I'd rather you do something because you want to, not because a holiday tells you to. Let's save our money and put it towards a great vacation or something that's needed.

This does not, however, exclude you from getting me flowers or a card and such throughout the rest of the year. That will be randomly expected, just as I'm sure you will expect it from me. But doing something specifically on Valentine's Day? You are hereby released from any and all expectations. You're welcome.


Love,

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...