photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Mother Certainly Found It Amusing

"So what are your plans today, Sweetie?" my mother asks me.

"Well, I'm going to Tatiana's, and we're going to do a sewing project," I replied.

My mother burst out laughing.

I shot her a look.

She was practically falling out of her cushy chair she was laughing so hard.

"It's not that funny," I grumbled.

She laughed some more. Then she stumbled (slight exaggeration), laughing, out of her chair and makes her way out of the living room and down the hallway. Still laughing. She opened the basement door and hollered down the steps, "Sid! Sid! You gotta listen to this! Your daughter is going to Tatiana's and they're going to do a 'sewing project.'"

My father's response? "Oh. That'll be interesting."

My mother began laughing all over again.

"Well, I'm glad you guys find it so amusing!" I huffed.

With that, my mother laughed even more.

Hmph.

My mother was apparently remembering back to our home ec days (I was homeschooled). When I had to make a pillow. And her sewing machine kept breaking on me. And I wasn't grasping the concept of how to sew a heart shaped pillow. And at some point I screamed, "I HATE THIS! YOU'LL NEVER MAKE ME DO THIS AGAIN! I HATE THIS!" And I threw the pillow across the room and stomped up the steps to my room. And my mom shouted up the steps, "YOU'RE JUST LIKE MY SISTER!!" Apparently her sister wasn't crazy about sewing either. And that was the end of school for the day.

Fast forward 15-ish years later, I'll find out if I still hate the sewing machine.

The bestie and I will attempt to make this or this. We'll decide when I get there. We're women. We were born with an indecisive button. Anyway, the projects look simple, right? All it pretty much needs is a straight, right? We should be able to handle that, right? I guarantee we'll turn it into the most complicated thing ever, but at least my bestie and I will be having fun together. And if it gets too bad, we'll quit, bust out ice cream and watch Anne of Green Gables.

Sounds like a win win to me.

I'm going to bring my zebra print duct tape just in case.

By the way, my mother is still laughing.

Hmph.

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...