photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

"This stuff is awesome! It's like eating peanut butter frosting!" Jack, my co-worker, said as he popped a second bite of the peanut butter cookie dough dip in his mouth.

"So you really like it?" I asked him as I was gearing up to break the news to him.

"Definitely."

"GOOD!" I clapped my hands. "Because now I'll tell you what's in it."

Jack's face froze.

"It's got dates that have been soaked to release their sweet juiciness... and garbanzo beans. And natural peanut butter!"

Jack's face started to lose color, "I can taste the beans now. I feel like I've been hoodwinked."

"You cannot taste the beans," I said, rolling my eyes at him. "It's awesome. You loved it. It's OK to admit it."

He rolled his eyes at me and admitted that he would never have known this dip was actually healthy if I hadn't told him. Tee-hee!

This deliciousness passed the Jack test. You will seriously never guess the base of this dip is protein and fiber packed garbanzo beans. For reals.

Signature





Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
recipe adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie

1 15oz can of garbanzo beans (also called chick peas), drained and rinsed
1 1/4 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup water
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

Place dates in a small bowl and cover with water. Let sit for 6-8 hours (or overnight).

In the bowl of a food processor, place the dates and liquid. Process for 30 seconds. Add garbanzo beans, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and process until very smooth. Spoon mixture into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips.

Serve with apple slices, cookies, or just eat straight up outta the bowl!

--- 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus per 1/4 cup serving ---

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...