photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Saturday, February 25, 2012

5 Reasons Why I Like Doing Laundry

Today is laundry day. Actually, I've deemed it laundry day because I'm looking for a scarf that I can't find. The only way I'll ever find it is if I do laundry. At least that's what I'm hoping. Besides, it can't hurt to have clean clothes in my closet.

While I would traditionally lament doing laundry and would implore you to send a chocolate creme pie after me if you don't hear from me within the hour, I'm going to go "glass half full" on you and find things to like about doing laundry and trust the chocolate creme pie will be unnecessary.

I submit to you 5 reasons why I like doing laundry:

1. I get to use my DIY laundry detergent. Every time I drop a scoop into the washing machine I think about the knuckles and wrist I grated to make the stuff. Grated tender flesh to save some dollars? Skin will grow back. I haven't figured out how to grow money yet. It was worth it. Plus I got to wear a Strawberry Shortcake band-aid.

2. I like hugging clothes straight from the dryer. Except items with metal buttons/zippers. Nothing like searing hot metal to wake a person up.

3. Emptying the lint trap. Who doesn't find joy in emptying the lint trap, I ask you? Best part. Clearly, this person enjoys emptying the lint trap more than the average person.

4. Listening to music while sorting and folding. I make it a full sensory experience. I prefer "peaceful" music when it comes to laundry music. Everyone has a different interpretation when it comes to what peaceful is. For me, today, it's Audrey Assad.

5. I don't want to be arrested for indecency. I think that's a very valid reason for doing laundry, don't you?


Here's to a closet full of clean clothes,


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...