photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Purple One Smoothie

There's no way on earth I would start my day off with spinach.

Or swiss chard.

Or kale.

Or any other dark, leafy green.

No way.

But here I am today, eating a minimum of two cups of dark leafy greens for breakfast.

If the idea of eating greens for breakfast seems completely ridiculous to you - like it once was to me, try The Purple One Smoothie. I've found the biggest hurdle to eating a green smoothie for most folks is the color - they can't get past the green. Personally, I love a bright green smoothie. It reminds me of being a kid in the 90's and wishing I would get slimed by the bright green goo on Double Dare.

However, all you see in this smoothie is PURPLE from the blackberries, but you get the added nutritional benefits from the green swiss chard. I admit The Purple One Smoothie is a bit high in fructose, but if you need a sweet treat that's filling and good for you, then give it a try. It's easy to make because it's one of everything - no measuring unless you want to measure your almond milk.

Enjoy :-)


3 comments:

  1. Well this is just what I was looking for. My new year's resolution is to eat healthier, and this looks very healthy and what a great way to start your day, with a healthy purple smoothie. Thanks for such a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this smoothie and love it! I too was hesitant about eating vegetables for breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...